CBHC Technical Consultant
Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Post Title: CBHC Technical Consultant
Reporting to: CBHC department
Location: MOPH / CBHC
Duration: one year (Extendable) with 3 months’ probation period
No. of Post: 1
Sex: (Male &Female)
Salary: According to NTA Salary Scale
Announcing Date: 2021 /12 /09
Closing Date: 2021 / 12 /19
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society. The MoPH is providing health services through the implementation of the Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) and the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS).
Community-based health care (CBHC) is the cornerstone of successful implementation of the BPHS. It provides the context for the most comprehensive interaction between the health system and the communities it serves. Its success depends upon community participation and a partnership between community and health staff.
The implementation of CBHC recognizes first that families and communities have always looked after their own health. Religion and cultural norms and beliefs play an important part in health practices, and families are making decisions to maintain health or care for illness every day. In addition, community members understand and have better information on local needs, priorities, and dynamics. CHWs, CHSs, Health Shuras, and Family Health Action Groups are CBHC elements.
As part of the global UHC movement, the Government of Afghanistan thrives to achieve its obligations through high level advocacy and advancing Primary Health Care (PHC) in line with Astana Declaration. In 2019, the country launched its Community Health Roadmap – a key framework that implements PHC at community level. But there is insufficient technical personnel in CBHC department to support the CBHC routine program as well as the CBHC roadmap related projects and activities.
Considering the above. MOPH seeks to hire one technical person to support the CBHC program.
The CBHC technical consultant supporting planning, and Implementation of the CBHC program , CBHC road map and projects in Afghanistan including capacity building, monitoring & evaluation , and coordination.
- The consultant will assist the implementation of the CBHC program and projects with the help of CBHC central department, provincial health directorates and BPHS implementer NGOs.
- He,She will responsible for providing support for planning, implementing. And coordinating of CBHC program and road map , Compiling projects reports and deliverables in line with MoPH and donor requirements
- He She will report to MOPH CBHC department and collaborate with the General Directorate of disease control and prevention and PHC directorate, the consultant position will be based at the MOPH-CBHC department.
- He/'she will also be responsible for Result of the community based projects documented and disseminated with policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Support MOPH-CBHC department in design and conducting of trainings, monitoring and evaluation of the projects
- Support CBHC national task force and regularly participate in the meetings
- Facilitate advocacy orientation workshops, seminars on CBHC
- Conducting of joint program review meetings to review lessons learned improving strategies
- Assist CBHC department and CBHC taskforce in institutionalizing data use in decision making
- The consultant will provide sufficient feedback based on the performance of the provincial CBHC officers for better implementation of the CBHC program.
- Support coordination of CBHC department with HPD, PHCD, RMNCAHD, PND provincial Health Coordination Directorate and other technical departments.
- Any other duties assigned by head of CBHC department
Qualifications & Requirement:
- The CBHC technical Consultant is expected to have minimum academic qualifications of University Bachelor’s degree in Medicine(MD) or public health faculty (master degree is preferable)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in community based health care activities.
- Have experience for development of community based guidelines, manuals and strategies;
- Experience of working with MoPH or National/International NGOs will be an advantage;
- Consultant is expected to (a) have a good knowledge of working environment in the Afghan administration and the communities; (b) familiarity with the main stakeholders in the Public Health Sector in Afghanistan.
- Good spoken and written English as well as knowledge of the main local languages of Afghanistan.
Payments: Monthly upon certification of MoPH and UNICEF. In all cases, the salary will be paid upon satisfactory completion of services.
Place of Assignment
Kabul with travel to provinces
There will be no automatic of contracts. The extension of the contracts would need to be based on joint agreement between MOPH and UNICEF. If the personnel receive no notification of renewal. it should be considered that the contract is not to be renewed
There will be no automatic transfer to the next step of the grade the personnel are placed on upon renewal of contract. The decision to provide the next Step will be based on a. joint performance evaluation by MOPH and UNICEF.
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification
Submission Emails: email@example.com