Ministry of Public Health
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Post Title: Technical Specialist
Contract Duration: Contract Base
No of Vacancies: 1
Open ended: No
Functional Area: Operative
Salary Range: As per approved proposal (Grade C)
Contract Type: Consultant
Report to: GFCU Coordinator.
May 30, 2022
June 10, 2022
Information about MoPH:
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; To deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society.
The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care. MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
Implement project proposal, budget and plan of the programs as per MoF rules to achieve set targets,
Assist the entire team of the Global Fund Grants Coordination Unit (GFCU), National AIDs Control
Program (NACP), National Malaria and Lieshmainais Control Program (NMLCP) and National TB
Control Program (NTP) to timely implement the Co-Financing project within MoPH and MoF.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement project proposal, budget and plan of the programs as per MoF rules to achieve set targets
- Assist the entire team of the Global Fund Grants Coordination Unit (GFCU), National AIDs Control Program(NACP), National Malaria and Lashmania Control Program (NMLCP) and National TB Control Program (NTP) to timely implement the Co-Financing project within MoPH and MoF.
- Provide technical support and documents for timely preparing the periodic reports to the Ministry of Finance, Ministry of Economic, Presidential House and any other institutions on regular basis
- Lead and support relevant supported departments to develop annual operational plans in line with approved budget and work plan.
- Coordinate with relevant entities and departments to provide information/documents to international/local auditor, government entities and/or other institutions to verify any required and needed information/documents.
- Support HSS Team to coordinate GF-HSS initiatives with relevant departments, other PRs and SRs.
- Compile monthly report from related departments/staff, provide remedial feedback and tack corrective actions.
- Support relevant supported Sub-Recipients (SRs) to timely submit quarterly and any ad hoc reports to MoPH.
- Provide day to day technical assistance to supported departments for proper program implementation.
- Develop formats to be used for successful reporting of MoF - HSS Grant and reporting.
- In coordination with M&E, HIV, Malaria, Lab, TB and other relevant Directorates/departments conduct field visits to monitor NGOs/SRs and provide on-site support, as needed.
- Work closely with Finance Team of the Global Fund to timely process the documents received from NTP, NMLCP, NACP and other departments of MOPH
- Follow and support finance for disbursement to SRs under the signed contracts between MoPH and SRs.
- Any other relevant task assigned by line supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree MD
- 5 years’ experience in related field (projects/program management)
- Professional Skills:
- Fluency and good writing skills in English, Dari and Pashto languages and communication in local languages.
- Good skills of computer MS office, access program, internet, photocopy use, scanning etc.
- Excellent organizational, coordination, communication and interpersonal relationship skills required.
- Willingness to travel in- country if required.
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is:, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (HR Officer) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification
Submission Emails: email@example.com