Islamic Republic of Afghanistan
Ministry of Public Health
GD of Human Resource
Vacancy Number :
Post title: Technical Consultant
Organization : MoPH- Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) Directorate
Duty station: zabul PH, Ainomena Kandahar/ Herat Regional hospital
Duration : 12 months / extendable
No of Job : 3
Nationality : Afghan
Salary range : According to NTA
Announcing date : 2018/12/5
Closing date: 2018/12/18
- Background :
The Ministry of Public Health is committed to improve the quality of hospital services through the implementation of the Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) the EPHS will complement the Basic Package of Health Services (BPHS) and establish an effective referral system. Currently the Ministry of Public Health is implementing the EPHS in ten selected hospitals( three Regional and seven provincial ) under Essential Package of Hospital Services Directorate. Hence for technical advice and strengthening of hospital management system, Hospital Reform Project is looking for qualified and experienced candidates for the position of hospital technical consultants for,Baghlan,Zabul and Ghor provincial Hospital
Support the selected under Essential Package of Hospital Services Directorate to implement successfully the reform and the Essential Package of Hospital Services (EPHS) build the capacity of key Hospital management and service delivery staff in management and administration, to contribute in the process of Hospital reform and improvement at the provincial level as well as development and implementation of standards and assist hospital management team to achieved the main EPHS selected indicators.
- To introduce the EPHS and Hospital Reform Project to the nominated hospital management and service delivery staff
- Assist the hospital management team especially hospital director on preparing monthly and quarterly, annual and HMIS reports.
- To improve the hospital management team skill and capacity on HMIS, standard base management , monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assist hospital director to develop operation plan, training action plan , conduct the training sessions according to the needs and perform regular on the job training
- Strong and supportive bi weekly supervision and monitoring of different hospital’s departments and wards. Coordinate and share his/her findings and recommendations with hospital management team, find out the ways to solve the existing hospital problems and submit a copy of his supervision report to EPHS directorate.
- Support the hospital management team in explanation of staff Job Description , appraising process of hospital personnel after 3 months(during probation period) and annually / submitted the result to EPHS Directorate on annually base
- To conduct training for all hospital management and technical staff in base of TNA
- Assist / Facilitate regular conducting meeting, follow up assessments, making action plan, mentoring of SBM and proceed the minutes.
- Support the hospital management team in problems finding and find the way for solving and decision making.
- Consult the hospital management team to mange the hospital different ward and sections.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annually operation plan and report according to MoPH format for his/her entire activities / submit it to EPHS Directorate as well as monthly and quarterly report.
- Participate regularly Hospitals management and EPHS Directorate Networking and annual planning workshop.
- Analyzing the hospital main indicators, Main activities, find out the problems and gap and make action plan accordingly.
- Able to travel other under reform hospitals as need.
- Afghan Nationality
- Medical Doctor Degree from a recognized University ( Master of Public Health ) is preferable
- At least 5 years working experience in hospital management or public health
- Having experience in conducting hospital management training
- Computer literate: Excellent knowledge in MS Word and Excel
- Working known of English in written and spoken
- Excellent negotiating and communicating skills
- Good team player
The interested candidates should submit an application letter in English detailing the reasons why the applicants consider him or her to be suitable for this position. This application letter should be accompanied with a Curriculum Vita and names of tow references and send to the HRD of MOPH, Great Ahmad Shah Mssoud Squer Kabul before
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview:
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
1. Main points of the TOR
نوت : لطیف نموده ولایت مورد نظر خویش را subject ایمیل خویش مشخص نمائید .