parwan . paktya
Date Posted : 2022 /12 /24
Closing Date: 2023 /01/3
Background: Afghanistan is experiencing a low and concentrated HIV epidemic and among the countries in Central and South Asia that are confronted with a growing risk of HIV and AIDS, mainly due to the high incidence of people who inject drug. HIV prevalence is 4.4 % in People Who Inject Drug (PWID).
The first HIV case was reported in 1989 in Afghanistan and the Government of Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA) has taken important steps in addressing the epidemic. The Afghanistan National Program for Control of AIDS, STI & Hepatitis (ANPASH) was established in 2003 under the leadership of the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH).
Under the leadership of ANPASH Ministry of Public Health the country is implementing National Strategic Plan (NSP-III) 2016-2020 in collaboration with several national and international agencies. The country has multi-sectorial approach to control the spread of HIV with specific interventions for key affected population, vulnerable papulation and general papulation.
Until December 2017 a total of 2522 HIV cases have been registered with the national AIDS Program, While the World Health Organization and UNAIDS have estimated this number 7,500 in the county.
Title: Laboratory technician
Contract Duration: One year
Appointment procedure: The selection has to be through competitive process
Role and responsibilities:
- Overall Management of laboratory services with all aspects of project
- Responsible for all laboratory services.
- Perform Lab examinations for the clients referred through DIC and outreach
- Responsible for the all routine examination and HIV tests for clients according to ANPASH testing algorithm
- Ensure that all laboratory supplies are well stored and consumed
- Keep records of all consumed Lab strips and material
- Maintaining the integrity of the specimen during handling and processing
- Properly labelling the specimen
- Proper documentation of laboratory activities and registration
- Reporting of laboratory results in a timely manner
- Safe disposal of laboratory specimens
- Will provide appropriate education and counselling to the client before, during and after HIV testing and specimen collection
- To perform with keeping information on standard revised medical practices and diagnostic principles.
Qualifications & Requirement:
- Must be technologist/Technician
- At least two years’ experience in laboratory areas
- Experience in the delivery of HIV Testing
- Ability to work pleasantly with high risk groups specially with People Who Inject Drug
- Effective written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
ÿ Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
ÿ Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
ÿ Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
ÿ Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-202312422
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process.